See map: Google Maps
Display a Green Hand sign at your place of residence to indicate to others that you are willing to teach your skills! Find others in your area who likewise are willing to share!
Have a skill or resource you’re willing to share with the community as we transition to a post-peak-oil economy? Looking for someone to teach you a skill? Just want to talk with others who are concerned about this issue?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please raise your hand! Now put your hand down on an appropriate surface, trace around it with a pencil…if you live in the USA, you probably did this in kindergarten when you teacher taught you how to draw a very strange-looking turkey.
Now paint the hand thus drawn a nice green, post it in a way people can find you, and Voilá! ...you are "officially" participating in the Green Hands Reskilling Initiative, and may consider yourself way out in front of the mainstream culture on what is arguably the most important issue of the 21st century.
So what then?
Well, you can put your phone number or an email address on the sign to help people find you, or you can direct people to a personal or business website that will help people better understand your availability and what you offer.
You may also add to your sign an icon or word helping people to identify what specific skills and knowledge you want to share.
What kinds of skills might these be? Here are some examples:
· Organic gardening
· Fruit and berry growing
· Plant propagation and seed saving
· Season extension in the garden
· Vermiculture and composting
· Backyard chicken and other livestock keeping
· Natural & salvaged-material building techniques
· Growing and using medicinal and culinary herbs
· Presentations and events on peak oil and transition
· Repair work and carpentry
· New thoughts and awareness
· Alternative, renewable, and backup energy systems.
· Conversations on social paradigm shift
· Water conservation, catchment, and management
…and you can add any to the list. This is just the beginning!